Skip to main content

My Top News Sources

Twitter 
Although twitter is known for being a social media app and not a news outlet, it still provides its users with breaking news in regards to politics, weather, climate change, etc. Younger generations are not getting their news from social media apps because it is quick and always at the palm of our hands. Major news networks are now beginning to use Twitter in order to reach younger audiences. 

Facebook 
Another social media platform I use to keep up with the news is Facebook. However I feel as if Facebook only portrays certain topics of news in regards to what the company thinks you're interested in. For example, news about climate change constantly pop up on my timeline but politics rarely do. This could be a good thing because every time I go on my timeline it provides me of news I am interested in however, I am not ever reading about news that could be urgent or important because Facebook doesn’t think I would be interested in it.

New York Times 
Not only do I like The New York Times because I am from New York, but because it is a trustworthy source in that they have a professionals in the fields reporting the news to the readers. For example they have lawyers covering law, doctors covering health, former U.S. Marines covering war, and economists and M.B.A.s covering the economy. This newspaper is especially useful for students because they save articles from the past allowing readers to find out information from past events. 

Fox News Channel 
I am partial to Fox News because it was the news station I grew up watching as a child and one of the reasons why I want to be a Journalist today. I woke up every morning to watch Rosanna Scotto  and Greg Kelly every morning before school. However, as I grow older and gain more knowledge on politics it could be hard to watch Fox News in that they can be biased to the conservative and republican parties. Now that I am older I appreciate news that does not contain biased information so that I can develop my own opinions on certain matters.  

E! News
E! News is a source that focuses entirely on the entertainment industry, such as celebrity news and gossip. It is one of my personal favorites because this news source keeps you up to date on the latest fashion statements, as well as popular movies and tv shows. Many of those who are into fashion often rely on E! News to post pictures of celebrities and their outfits for popular entertainment events and award shows. E! News also have in depth interviews with stars, which increases their viewings. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journo Heros: Barbara Walters Presentation

For more information on Barbara Walters, below I provided a youtube video that I found very interesting. In this video you can also see the type of questions that she would ask people when interviewing them, which made her stand out from other journalists. I definitely recommend watching, in order to see the type of personality Barbara Walters has.

Silence Dogood

Many of us know Benjamin Franklin for a list of groundbreaking finding such as electricity, bifocals, heat stoves, swim fins and many other inventions. However, what people don't realize is how Benjamin Franking changed journalism. Prior to class presentations, I never new Benjamin Franklin was even a journalist. I was shocked to learn that he even had his own newspaper. Benjamin Franklin changed journalism with the use of penn names. At 16 he started using penn name, Mrs. Silence Dogood, to publish his work in the New-England Courant, which was his brothers news paper. Ben Franklin would use many penn names throughout his life, each with a different personality. However, they all shared the same values and point of views. Mrs. Silence Dogoods opinions became very trusted among his readers and he eventually came out as the anonymous writer. Soon after Benjamin left Boston and traveled to Philadelphia where he created his own newspapers and continue his anonymous writing.  I le

EOTO 2: Modern Journalism

Modern Journalism What is it? Many say that the three phenomenas that changed American journalism was the penny press, yellow journalism, and muckraking. The Baltimore Sun newspapers.com The Penny Press  Created in the1830s, the penny press was cheap, hence the term "penny",  mass produced journalism. This type of journalism could be compared to tabloids that we see all over today. This type of journalism became widespread after the invention of steam powered printing. These papers only  once cent while others averaged at six cents at the time. The middle class relied on the penny press to receive there news and it prevented them from being less informed compared to the higher classes. The most popular forms of penny press were The Boston Herald, the Baltimore Sun, and the Philadelphia Public Ledger.  Yellow Journalism  Fake image of Kim Jong Un in coffin Yellow journalism is a term that was used for press that focused on sensationalism rather than fa